01 09 10

Friday, January 17, 2014

The Temple-I am going there on THIS day!

Years ago I made this picture to hang up in our house so everyday the kids could look at it and keep the goal of the temple in their mind.  At the time I made it my oldest son was 16 and the mission ages were different so when the prophet changed the ages last Oct. I crossed off and corrected for the new age.  I keep meaning to make a whole new one but have never got around to it and this one does the job.

It has hung on our pantry door for 6 1/2 years now and been a constant reminder to live worthy of a temple recommend.  Those 6 1/2 years have passed so quickly and our third child is getting ready to go to the temple as soon as he graduates.  At the time I made it I thought it such a long way off and wondered "how will I help all these children get to the temple?"  It felt very overwhelming in this wicked world.  I have come to appreciate more than ever the power of the "little" things like weekly Family Home Evenings, scripture study, family prayer, weekly sacrament meeting attendance and family activities that contribute in significant ways to our children making it to the temple.  I also appreciate the help of loved ones, church leaders and teachers who help me with that job as well.

This picture keeps our goal at the forefront of our minds and helps all of us plan and look forward to each child receiving the blessings of the temple.  For me as a mother I'm counting down to a very special day in 2022 when my husband and I can be there with all five of our children and then our JOY will be truly FULL!

*To create one of your own download a copy or obtain a print of the temple of your choice. 
 -Type up the names of your children and dates ( I went with mission age for the boys and age 21 for the girls just as a ball park figure but now will change that for mission age as well) on your computer and print it off on a piece of transparent/tracing paper. 
- Attach the tracing paper to the temple picture by gluing the edges together with a glue stick. 
-Hang for all to enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment